The New Year is here and it’s time for a New You.
Are you ready to start setting your weight loss goals so that you can achieve success in the new year?
If you are looking to lose weight, it can be an overwhelming process. But with the right knowledge, motivation and planning, it is possible to reach your weight loss goals!
There are six key components that will help make your journey more successful. From knowing what kind of food works best for you to understanding how to make realistic goals, this article covers the essential elements for achieving success in weight loss.
The 6 Keys
- Commit to yourself that you are going to do this. Put all excuses aside because they are only holding you hostage in a body that you don’t want to be in. Your true body lies underneath all of the gas, bloating and fat and we are going to uncover it together.
- Eat Fresh. Processed foods are fake foods that have caused you to be in this situation so commit to eating only fresh foods that you prepare yourself at home. This includes all spices should be either fresh or organic, and artificial sugars are off the table because they only destroy your health. Remember to KISS (keep it simple silly) your foods.
- Prepare to Succeed. Plan you meals out either a week in advance or the night before and eat only what is on your plan, nothing else. My slogan is, “Don’t bite it if you didn’t write it.”
- Just say no thank you to sugar and anything that turns into sugar. This includes all of the white stuff in cookies, cakes and candies as well as any other foods that convert to glucose (sugar in your body) such as grains, beans, pastas, starchy vegetables and more. Simply stick to the foods on the program and you’ll be safe here.
- Find an Accountability Partner. This can be anyone who has an interest in your health, it doesn’t mean that they have to do the program with you, just someone who loves you, supports you and can help you stay on track.
- Move your mASS. Start walking and stretching on a daily basis even if it’s for only 10 minutes a day. Movement is key to weight loss because it helps move the lymphatic system which removes toxic waste from your body, i.e. fat cells. It also energizes you especially if you walk in the fresh air.
Remember, do not DIEt, LIVE IT instead! The key to losing weight and keeping it off is by making small changes that you can stick to for the rest of your life. You have to make a decision to change your eating habits, exercise and your attitudes. If you do, then you will win the weight loss game!
Join the VIP Menopause Support Group so that you can receive weekly newsletters filled with menopause support as well as education within the group.
See you inside the Facebook group.
Love and hugs ~ Tina “Weight Loss Success Coach” McDermott